Friday, January 9, 2009

Backyard Garden in the Winter

It still looks really good. So left to right in the back is strawberries, bright lights swiss chard, and artichokes in there half wine barrels. In the front left to right is rosemary, spearmint, chocolate mint, pineapple mint with coconut geranium on top, rhubarb with columbine in sm. pot on top.
I was hoping the artichokes would go a little more dormant so that I could transplant them in the new garden in the next month. Not sure what to do about that.
The swiss chard I have had since last Spring. I think it was supposed to bolt during the heat. Guess not.

Close-up of the left side.


Close-up of the right side.


Rhubarb is trying to come back already too, another plant I wanted to put in the new garden. Go dormant please!

No comments: