Saturday, July 7, 2007

Looks Like We've Found A Place To Move

Probably start moving in next Saturday. Hopefully Roger's friend Doug will still be able to help. I will be gone, but I think it will be better for them to move without my supervision. ; )
I need to make signs to find most of the chickens homes. Atleast most of the Buff Orpingtons and the rooster. He is a little hard on the hens compared to the Cochin rooster. They certainely are good layers.
Now we can get away from the rattlesnakes. Had a scare the other night. I went into the greenhouse and when I went to come out there was a rattlesnake on the step into the greenhouse. Auuggghhh! I don't know if I just stepped next to it or on it. How scary is that?!?!?!?! Rog came to my rescue. Thank goodness he was home!
Another suburban living tip. Use a milk jug with holes in it. Then you can get the soaker hose affect in a smaller area. Still will probably get a soaker hose too. Great idea though!

No comments: