Thursday, July 19, 2007

Roger met the neighbors the other day. He says they are really nice and they have a yellow lab about a year old. Yeah for Shelby! She'll have a buddy to play with for sure.

I also found out that there is a community garden about 1.5 miles away. Yeah! So exciting. I can see we are going to be doing a LOT of walking. So great! Hopefully they will have an extra space for us. Will have to start my compost bins right away so that I will have compost by the time I will need it for next Spring. I will have to see if I can put a cover crop in January and then hopefully they will have a tiller I can use or I could rent one for the day. Then maybe just dig in what area I need to start with some cold crops in February. I wonder how big the spaces are? Will have to make a whole garden plan and all that. Sounds like fun! Can't wait to plant flowers and veggies next year. Going to go with smaller pumpkins and probably only one butternut squash plant, but will have to plant those next to corn or something to save space. Hmmmm..... (rubbing chin). I'm thinking since there is a community bulletin board that I will plant some tomato and herb starts and post them for sale there. So many things to think about and do. Maybe even some squash starts.

No comments: