Monday, June 2, 2008

I Don't Believe it

Do you see what I see? Our first little artichoke. Awww.... I can't wait to eat it. Yummmm.... I just didn't believe we would actually get an artichoke the first year. We will probably get our fill this year and its only June 2nd. We got these little guys as bare root from Peaceful Valley Farm Supply.
My banana plant at its happiest. I got it last year from a local MDCer and it was so sad when I got it and then it got even sadder when that big storm hit in Jan. and snapped it clean off at the base. And now it has grown back bigger and better. Amazing! And yes you can grow bananas in CA. Here is a great banana site!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That little artichoke is so cute. I love baby veggies. haha. I've eaten plenty of artichoke hearts, but never the leaves which I heard are the best. One of my friends raves about them all the time, hopefully I will give them a try soon. I bet that yours will be much tastier out of your garden than what you can get at the store.

Cathy said...

Yes, fresh artichoke is sooooo good. I like it with mayo, but some people like it with butter.